Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Marriage Problems? Simple Solution.

     Ever since buying the iPhone 4 in August, my new favorite phrase is: "I'm sure there's an app for that". The creativity of applications available on mobile phones never ceases to amaze me, and I certainly was not shocked when I came across an article in Time Magazine that talks about iPhone apps aimed at saving failed marriages. It certainly sparked my curiosity.
      There were two apps that I found absolutely hysterical: The "Mind Over Marriage" app and the "Marriage Fight Tracker" app. The former serves as a personal service where app users can send an email about relationship problems or issues to an anonymous marriage counselor, who will then respond with advice regarding the dispute. The second app, "Marriage Fight Tracker", records a fight that a couple engages in (I know, it's a little ridiculous) and stores it in an electronic file so couples can return to the recording and see if any progress has been made in the relationship.
      It is scary to think that this is the direction in which society is heading, but with all the advancements in technology, I can't say that I'm surprised. With how much time I spend on my iPhone every day, I might as well be married to it. So what's next? An app that can buy clothes online for me based on my preferences and style? Pick up my dry cleaning?

      One can only dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment