Sunday, October 17, 2010

Student Loans: What You Should Know (that they don't tell you)

       With the cost of tuition increasing exponentially, many students have to assume debt in the form of student loans to pay for schooling. Since the majority of students who apply for loans have little to no background in finance (myself included), it is important to fully understand what is expected of them as debt holders.
       I found a great article on my favorite education blog that included an interview with an attorney on the truth behind student loans. While many school administrators say that education debt is "good" debt (as if there is such a thing), the article highlights scary truths that I myself didn't know at the time I applied for a student loan.
       As I said before, I am a firm believer in educating oneself to make good life decisions. So read this article and I'm sure you will learn something about debt that you didn't know before!

No comments:

Post a Comment