Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Calling All Interns

     I commend USC faculty for encouraging students to take advantage of internships throughout their time at USC. According to an article at CNN, internships may be the new entry-level job. Since the economy is still slowly recovering, it is important for students to utilize internships to keep themselves active in the job market. When hiring picks up in 2011, students with internship experience will be hot commodities.
     I know from personal experience that unpaid internships aren't fun. There is nothing more demoralizing than working a nine hour day and realizing that you actually SPENT money working because you had to eat and pay for gas to commute to the job. But I also believe that my unpaid internship experience landed me the full-time offer that I now get to enjoy.
     So moral of the story is: Work hard now so you can hardly work later!

No comments:

Post a Comment